Here is what my recipe looks like (I asked my husband to take a picture with his smart phone):
Hmmm, not the best of pictures but believe me, it's really good and looks very nice on the place!
Ingredients: for 4 persons
- 2 soles filletted - you should have 8 nice fillets of sole, cooked.
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, each cut in 2 or 4 (depending on size, the pieces need to be small)
- 1/2 cup of cooked green beans, cut in small bits, about the size of your tomato bits
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese (I use Mascarpone because I live in Italy and it's a wonderful, creamy cheese - but any good cream cheese will do. Barring that, use heavy cream!)
- 1/2 small glass of white wine (this you have to see how much you need, the sauce, at the end, needs to be fairly liquid - in anyc case, not cream-heavy!)
- 2 spring onions (or any kind of onion) chopped very small
- herbs to taste - I used basilic but you can use oregano
- pancake batter to make 2 American-style pancakes per person NOTE: the batter should not be done with sugar but with a pinch of salt instead!
- grated parmigiano cheese
- olive oil and butter
- salt and pepper as needed
1. Cook the cherry tomatoes in an open pan, with a little olive oil, herbs and the chopped onion.
2. When they have released their juice, turn off the fire, add the green beans and sole fillets broken in small pieces.
3. Add the cream cheese and wine until your sauce is abundant and with the right consistency (fairly liquid)
4. Pre-heat the oven at 200° (hot!)
5. Arrange in a pyrex dish (butter it) ready for the oven: pancakes, 2 per person, interspersed with the tomato-green-bean-sole mixture.
6. Finish with the mixture on top of each pancake and sprinkle with plenty grated Parmiagiano.
7. In the oven, about 10 minutes, until the top turns golden. Serve piping hot!
PS: Obviously the recipe would work for any kind of fish or mix of fish and seafood...